Each week this page will highlight a tiki cocktail for your enjoyment!
This one is sure to put you in a festive mood!
* 1 750 ml bottle of a good red wine of your selection
* 1 375 ml bottle of Bundaberg Spiced Ginger Beer
* 1/3 cup cinnamon whiskey
* 1/3 cup American bourbon or whiskey
* 1 oz St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
* 1 1/2 cup cranberry juice
Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and stir well to blend. Serve in a collins glass filled with FirstBuild Opal Nugget ice. Garnish with frozen cranberries, some fresh pine needles, and a bloom from a Christmas Cactus. Enjoy!
As a thank you to Lemon Hart & Son Rums for the invitation to be a part of the grand opening of Kanaloa in downtown Houston, here is a cocktail I crafted specifically with Lemon Hart rums. Double points if you know the origin of the name of the cocktail! #RumAlways
* 2 ounces Lemon Hart & Son 1804 rum
* 1/2 ounce Lemon Hart & Son 151 Overproof rum
* 1/2 ounce gin
* 1 ounce Soursop Nectar
* 1/2 ounce John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum
* 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
* 1/2 ounce fresh tangerine juice
* 6 drops Bitterman’s Elemekule Bitters
This is a boozy deep-sea adventure. Beware! And, yes, I have been growing this orchid plant for two years, just hoping for blooms so I could garnish a drink with them. This is the drink I’ve waited for.
This one is perfect for those that prefer a tropically sweet cocktail!
Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with Opal Nugget Ice. Shake vigorously until frosty. Strain the contents into a martini coupe filled with Opal Flake Ice. The Kinky Aloha gives it such a tropical burst! Enjoy!
I’m so excited to post another original! This is a summer drink, so make sure to try it soon. In Houston, you have until mid-January.
* 1 1/2 ounces Alkkemist Gin
* 1 ounce pineapple juice
* 1 ounce lemon juice
* 1/4 ounce simple syrup
* dash of orange bitters
* 6 drops of Bittermens Burlesque bitters
* 3 ounces Cawston Press Elderflower Lemonade
Combine all the ingredients except the lemondade in a shaker. Shake until well frosted. Open pour into a pearl diver glass filled with Opal Nugget ice . Top with Cawston Press Elderflower Lemonade.
* 1 1/4 ounces Campari
* 1 ounce aged Jamaican Rum
* 1 ounce lime juice
* 1/2 ounce Dry Curacao
* 1/2 ounce Orgeat syrup
*1/4 ounce Demerara syrup
tiny pinch of allspice
tiny pinch of cinnamon
Combine all the ingredients in a shaker. Shake until well frosted. Open pour into a highball glass filled with Opal Nugget ice and enjoy!
If you have summer travel plans on Southwest Airlines, add this to your itinerary:
* 1/2 Mr & Mrs T® Margarita Mix
* 1/2 Canada Dry® Lemon Lime Sparkling Water
* Deep Eddy® Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
Big squeeze of lime
Just ask the flight attendant for the above ingredients in your glass. The recipe itself is not on their menu. Of course, there is a charge unless you have a drink coupon, and they no longer accept cash.
Shake with a heaping cup of Opal Nugget ice until the shaker is frosty on the outside. Pour unstrained into a double Old Fashioned glass. Top with more Opal Nugget ice and garnish with half of a juiced lime shell and a fresh mint sprig.